Saudi Tourism Industry & Ministry of Hajj and Umrah Introduces Two Types of Visa Processing in 2023 year i.e. 1443/44 Hijri Year for the performance of the umrah for pilgrimage.
• Tourist Visa with one-year validity (90days max stay on each visit, umrah, relatives, tourism all allowed)
• Umrah Visa (booking through Maqam Portals, restricted for 30days visit, JED, MAK, MED only)
You will find in this webpage our General Terms & Conditions as well
What do you need for an Umrah Visa and what are the rules of Umrah Visa?
• Each Umrah application form must be filled online by Approved/authorized Travel Operator.
• If one has a non-Muslim name, he or she should submit a certificate from a masjid or an Islamic center confirming that the applicant is a Muslim.
• 2 Recent passport size colour photograph with white background and facing the camera frontally are to be attached with the application.
• Travellers must have an EC/British passport which should be valid for a minimum of six months or else the Umrah Visa can be declined by the Embassy
• Confirmed Hotel Voucher and airline ticket is required to process the any type of visas.
• Women under 45 years and children under 17 years should be accompanied by husband/father or a male relative (Mahram). Proof of relationship is required (a marriage certificate for a wife, a birth certificate for a child indicating the names of both parents). The Mahram must travel into and out of Saudi Arabia on the same flight as his wife and children. in the case of other relative traveling with Mahram, please ask your travel agent for further details.
• In case of females who have a different Last Name than the Mahram, submit a proof of relationship like Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, etc.
• If the applicant is not a national of the country, he/she is applying from, a valid residency permit must be submitted with the application.
• An Approved vaccination certificate with only approved vaccine authorized by health Ministry of KSA should be attached. The certificate of vaccinations should have been issued by the authentic government regulatory organization, all vaccine must be taken 14 days prior to departure at least. The vaccination certificate must be with the applicant on entry to Saudi Arabia.
• Passengers with Hajj or Umrah visas can only disembark and leave Saudi Arabia though Jeddah or Madinah airports.
• Travelers should ensure they are not barred from travel by any general travelling, airport and airline rules / laws and regulations that are not listed above, for which Makkah Tour™ representative can advise you.
• Children under the age of 17 are not granted Umrah Visa unless accompanied by an elder.
• An Umrah Visa is only for the purpose of Umrah, and one is not allowed to undertake any type of work on this Visa, in case of violation the Saudi authorities take a stringent view and apply the laws of the country to the full.
• If you hold a valid visit or business visa for Saudi Arabia you cannot apply for an Umrah Visa
Tourist Visa & Umrah Visa Main Requirements from UK for the Year 2023 // 1443/44 Hijri
1. Approved vaccine is mandatory;
2. NHS Certified Vaccination Certificate;
3. Age group of 12 years and above will be allowed to perform Umrah; if only fully vaccinated.
4. No quarantine for Umrah and Tourist visa holders.
Approved Vaccines by KSA Authorities:
1 Moderna (2 Doses)
2 Pfizer (2 Doses)
3 Johnson and Johnson (J&J) (1 Dose)
4 Astrazeneca (2 Doses)
5 Booster Jab (Pfizer) is required if time for 2nd Jab has exceeded more than 8months.
Pilgrims who have completed two doses of the Sinopharm or Sinovac vaccines will be accepted if they have received an additional dose of one of the four vaccines approved in the Kingdom.
Apps to be used:
Saudi Arabia has opened a web portal at https://muqeem.sa/#/vaccine-registration/home
for visitors to register their vaccination status. The site is available in Arabic and English. This must be filled 72 hours prior to departure.
Tawakkalna (Covid-19 KSA) is the official app. The app provides instant and live information about the number of coronavirus infections in the Kingdom, and helps in the early detection of possible infections once users show coronavirus symptoms.
The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has launched a mobile application with the name Eatmarna to enable pilgrims to book Umrah permit or appointment for prayers.
All customers are advised to have travel insurance in their own interest so as to mitigate any loss which may arise due to flight cancellations, interruptions or health issues specially in context of COVID-19 pandemic.
Losses will arise due to non-refundable components of our service. For example, non-refundable hotels.
If your flight or Umrah package gets cancelled, we will not refund you any non-refundable portion of our service.
Insurance company will indemnify you for your travel related loss.
We will try to recover maximum possible cost but we are NOT responsible to pay you any non-refundable portion.
We will not be held responsible for any loss due to cancellation by airlines, hotels or visa rejections by concerned authorities.
General Terms and Conditions
This Agreement/Contract between the client and the company will fall under English law and Jurisdiction for the arrangement of the travel and accommodation. Issues within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will fall under the Saudi Law and Jurisdiction between the client and the service provider in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
In order to SECURE your booking, a deposit of 50% of the Grand Total is required.
Prices are subject to availability.
When you receive your tickets, you must check them carefully and notify us immediately if you think any details are inaccurate/incomplete. We are not liable to you for any problems which arise if you do not advise us for any change as mentioned on invoice. Hence, we strongly recommend to check the invoice thoroughly.
For Umrah Visas’ applications, passports should be with us at least 4 weeks prior to departure along with 2 passport size photographs and it is customer’s responsibility to deliver and collect the passports from the office.
For all visa types, passports must be valid for 6 months from the date of departure. Ideally your passport should have eight months validity.
If anyone has a non-Muslim name, he/she should submit a certificate from a masjid or an Islamic center confirming that the applicant is a Muslim, along with the Visa Application.
If a woman is 45 years old or older, she is allowed to go without a Mahram with an organized group or family and friends.
If a woman is 18 years old or older, requiring tourist visa can get approval without having to show a Mahram.
If the applicant is not a national of the country he/she is applying from, a valid residency permit must be submitted with the application.
Processing time for Visa at Saudi Embassy can take 1-2 weeks in some cases. During this time, if Passports are misplaced in the Embassy, 7 Continents Travel Ltd also trading as Makkah Tour will NOT be responsible.
Visa is NOT guaranteed under any circumstances. In case of delay or rejection in obtaining any type of Visa from the embassy, the company shall NOT be held responsible for the related costs (including changes in flights, hotel and transport).
Once you received all your documentation you will be given contact numbers for Saudi Arabia. Also, an Emergency 24 hour UK number to contact 7 Continents Travel Ltd to be used in an Emergency only.
Please note everything is subject to availability and terms and conditions. 7 Continents Travel Ltd has the right to refuse service at any given time without notice. We will try our best to meet your needs and requirements if brought to our attention at the time of booking. If for some reason, we can’t offer you what we have agreed upon then an alternative option will be made available to you.
Please make all necessary arrangements regarding Travel Insurance.
In case of cancellation before issuing Umrah Package flight tickets, hotel and transport vouchers, 50% Administration Fee will be charged per passenger on your initial deposit and the rest 50% will be refunded.
For cancellation or for refund after issuing Umrah Package flight tickets, hotel and transport vouchers, we’ll consult with the airlines only upon your request, if those flight tickets will be changeable /refundable. We will get back to you within 48 hours. Your ticket’s refund amount will be declared according to the airline’s instructions (if applicable) after deduction of Administration Fee per passenger. And all other vouchers are Non-Refundable. However, we will try our best to retrieve any possible refund for hotel and transport services.
Company holds the right to provide alternate option of hotels in case the agreed option cannot be arranged. We also reserve the right to change hotel prices until full payment or at any time before you book.
The customer will be liable to pay the fare difference that arises from any changes to the flight tickets, hotel and transport vouchers, if any.
In case the traveler is not a British passport holder, he has to provide Travel Documents, Biometric Card, Proof of Residence and Expiry Date of his current Visa (should be valid for a minimum of 6months from the date of departure).
You must behave at all times in line with local customs and abide by the laws of the host country. You are responsible for your actions; we will not be able to assist you if you knowingly or not knowingly violate local custom. Your only support will come from the British Embassy or your travel insurance provider.
Any further inquiries or information required please contact us 0203 195 8700.